It is now three months and still, almost every Human’s life at some level is affected by Covid 19 or Noval Coronavirus Outbreak.
A few companies especially Airline companies have started terminating their staff to reduce financial burden whereas some companies asked employees to work from home.
Work from home can be quite a challenge but luckily, this is a tech-oriented era and technology has made it simpler.
Whether it is video conferencing, sharing files, keeping track of calendars, managing sheets or any other task there is an option or app to enable work from home.
Here we are listing Pros and Cons of working from home:
The Pros of Working from Home
There are a number of advantages of working from home, it is a great option for many small business owners to avoid the risk of infection spread as well as big losses.
Here is a look at a few:
- By working at home you are actually avoiding chances to get any type of infection. You are protecting yourself as well as your loved ones because when you go outside or in a crowded area there is the biggest risk to get infected.
- The biggest advantage of working from home is that you will have more free time like even if you do target based work then you can complete the work, do some reporting and you are done. Even if you don’t have target based work, then still you will get more free time because of No commute, and no disturbance in work.
- No long commute to and from work means you can save a great deal of time and finance. It can even reduce your daily stress levels.
- There will be no strict rule or no one is keeping eyes on you so Working from home allows you to work during your most productive times, You can wear whatever you want and what you’re most comfortable wearing, and create a workflow that works for you.
- There may be distractions at home, but you can control them much easier than you can control distractions at offices. At offices, people easily get distracted from coworkers, employees, and other office-based noise.
- When you work from home, of course, you will have more control over your stress level. You can take a break, no travelling, no traffic, no distraction, these all result in a less stressful day.
- You can save some money while working at home, you are saving money by avoiding the long commute, food, and some extra expenses.
- Office workers struggle with maintaining a balance between work and their personal lives. So while working at home, you can also improve your balance of work and life.
The Cons of Working from Home
From above it is obvious that working from home sounds good, doesn’t it? But before you take the plunge, make sure to consider these disadvantages of working from home:
- First of all, you need a lot of self-discipline. It takes a great deal of self-discipline and motivation to Get up and complete the work with full interest and dedication every day when you are in your home environment.
- You will feel lonely and you can easily lose interest in the normal office work. Working all day alone without the company of your coworkers and colleagues can be very isolating and lonely.
- When you work from home, there can be less distinction between work and personal life that will make it harder to shut down thus more likely you will overwork.
- You will lose some living space. Organizing a home office or workspace can use up living space in your home.
- It will be very hard to establish trust and develop relationships with colleagues and clients when there will be no daily face-to-face connection.
- Forget about ad hoc learning. In-office workers are constantly in a position to learn from their peers. But now when you are working from home then you will need to make an extra effort to seek out networking and learning opportunities on your own.
The Present time is indeed unprecedented as the coronavirus pandemic is affecting almost everything in the world, from the share market to supply chain everything is facing a bad impact.
The condition is forcing companies to ask employees to work from home and it has its own advantages and disadvantages.
So whatever your companies decide to manage all their work, make sure to don’t panic, be safe and take all the precautions, and then complete your work.