Don’t design for the brand. Design for people interacting with brands.
The world is currently in the middle of a journey, where many of the physical things and tasks are getting evolved digitally, which will help in decreasing human efforts and the availability of more attractive and comfortable services.
As a part of this rapid change, the way of designing your internet platform is also getting changed at a lightning speed, as we can see a new design daily on Internet. This blog post is basically offered to provide you some amazing Web Design statistics. The post included some of the very important and acknowledgeable stats, with the help of which you can make your digital platform more suitable as per the running trend.
Apart from developing, a web platform is all about web designing, responsive designing, and graphic designing. These three are the most important pillars of a web platform, as we know very well that the design of any website leaves the first impression on any user.
Talking specifically, web designing of any website is experiencing rapid and drastic changes, which is important, because no one wants to see the same old design again and again, so it is really very necessary to change the way of design along with time. Be sure to improve your user experience by using these web design trends 2017
Coming next to the responsive design, it has become one of the most important factors for any website after 2015, as Google has started giving priority to the websites which are mobile responsive too. The giant search engine has taken this step after looking at the enhancement in the number of smartphone users across the whole world.
Hurry up!! Check out how a responsive website can help you to boost your business lead and your convention rate…
Lastly, there is graphic designing, which is used to make your website more attractive and ravishing. All of these designing techniques are experiencing intense changes, which are also important with this rapidly changing technology.
The Jaw Dropping 101 Web Design Statistics of 2017 You Should Not Ignore!
These are some web design statistics, which you can follow and make your website more advanced as per the running trend:
1. 39% of the people across the world will stop engaging with a website if images won’t load or take too long to load.
2. Desktop internet usage has dropped by 1% in the time period between December 2013 and December 2015.
3. A single second of added page load speed can cause sales drop by 27%- Soasta.
4. On an average, 83% of global consumers reportedly multi-screen using 2.23 devices at the same time- Adobe.
5. Web Pages, which loaded in 2.4 seconds experienced great mobile conversation rate of 1.9%- Soasta.
6. Average connection speed gets a hike of 14% every year, it was 6.1 Mbps in Q2 2016- Akamai.
7. Web pages, that load in 2.4 seconds had a bounce rate of 12.8%, whereas the pages that load in 3.3 seconds experienced a bounce rate of 20%- Soasta.
8. A regular optimization of any website will result in 113% jump in visits and 117% increase in clicks on that site.
9. On an average, 8 out of 10 consumers would stop engaging with a site if its content doesn’t display properly on their device- Adobe
10. Nearly two-thirds of people would rather read beautifully designed content instead of something expressed plainly.
11. 38% of people would stop using a website if its content/layout is unattractive.
12. 48% of people mentioned a website’s design is the most important factor in deciding the credibility of a business.
You mostly have just 10 seconds to leave an impression to the user, after this (often times before) he/she will leave.
14. 47% of people expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less.
15. 64% of total visitors want to see the company’s contact information on its homepage.
16. 44% of total website visitors will leave a company’s website if there’s no contact info or contact number given.
17. Peer-created content is less likely to be questioned.
18. 62% of companies increased their sales by designing responsive mobile platforms for their websites.
19. 40% of people will switch to a different search result if the first one is not mobile friendly.
20. 48% users say if the business site of a company is not mobile friendly, they’ll take it as an indication that business is simply not caring.
21. 90% of the people use multiple screens sequentially.
22. Mobile devices now spend nearly 2 of every 3 minutes online.
23. Global mobile data traffic grew up to 74% in 2015- Cisco.
24. 13% of adults access the internet only via mobile, while 11% accesses only via desktop- ComScore.
25. Smartphone users check their smartphones nearly about 150 times a day.
26. Google has started giving preferences to responsive websites in its search engine results pages since April 2015.- Google
27. According to some reports, 91% of total small businesses do not have a responsive, mobile optimized website – BaseKit
28. 94% of people mentioned web design as the major reason they mistrusted or rejected a website.
29. After reaching a company’s website via a referral site, nearly 36% of visitors will click on the company’s logo to reach the home page. – KoMarketing
30. 82% of consumers trust a company after reading custom content. – Demand Metric
31. Better search engine rankings result in approximately 26% increase in organic traffic. -Moz
32. 78% of respondents stated that the company’s social media posts impact their purchases – Forbes
33. Worldwide B2C e-commerce sales reached to $ 1.7 trillion in 2015 and are expected to reach $ 2.35 trillion by 2018.
34. 8 out of 10 consumers will choose online shopping if free shipping is offered.
35. A hike from 8 to 2 seconds in site speed can boost your conversion rate by up to 74%.
36. 40% of smartphone and tablet owners search for B2B products on their devices – KoMarketing
Half of the world’s total population now have the mobile subscription, and additional one billion subscribers are predicted by 2020. After that, the Global penetration rate of mobile subscriptions will be approximate 65.- GSMA
38. Almost 60% of the internet is accessed by mobile – InMobi
39. The number of mobile owners is also growing rapidly. In 2011, 35% of US adults owned a smartphone, which got increased up to 68% in 2015.- Pew Research Center
40. Several experts estimated the 2.6 billion people, which is 1/3rd of the world’s total population will use smartphones by 2018.- eMarketer
41. 45% of all the U.S. adults owned a tablet (like an iPad).- Pew Research Center
42. Worldwide, consumers use an average of 5 different devices per person, with different screen sizes and device types. Moreover, they also use 2.23 devices simultaneously on an average – Adobe
43. 65% consumers across the globe ranked display as the “most important aspect” when they asked to consume content in their personal life. Display even left the layout and personalization part behind with 54% and 49% respectively – Adobe
44. Responsive design of a website can also help with emails and in increasing the number of clicks from 5% to 15%- MailChimp
45. 34% of smartphone users go online mostly by using their smartphones.
” A non-responsive site is a back button magnet.
47. 4 out of 5 smartphone users access retail content on their device monthly.
48. Google started rewarding sites, which were built responsively for multi-device support from April 21, 2015.
49. This major update was known throughout the Internet as Mobilegeddon.
50. Out of 100 sites analyzed, only 11.8% on an average use responsive design.
51. Judgments on website credibility are 75% based on a website’s overall aesthetics.- InvisionApp
52. 70% of the total small business websites do not have Call to Actions on their home pages.
53. 85% of Website Visitors expect the mobile version of the website to be a bit faster.
54. 47% of users expect a maximum of 2 seconds loading time for an average website.
55. In a duration of 15 minutes, about 66% of users will prefer beauty over plain design.
56. 38% of people will leave a website if it fails to deliver attractive content/layout.
57. 48% more traffic is produced from websites, which have 51-100 pages.
58. The average size of a web page is now larger than the original Doom’s install image (2MB).- mobiforge.com
59. 17% of all websites use RWD, while 21% use mdot or .mobi – marketingland
82% of top 100 Alexa websites use adaptive design – mobiforge.com
61. The average conversion rate on mobile is over 3x lower than on desktop-monetate.com
62. 48% of the visitors voted website design as the number one factor in affecting the credibility of the website.
63. 72% of people trust online reviews and make their purchase decisions.
64. Sales of the companies boosted, which developed their website for mobile platforms and 64% sales increased for the companies, which designed their websites for tablets.
65. 45% users abandoned the front page if the loading time of page increased by 3%.
66. 94% of the visitors closed websites and stopped trusting the site if it has a degraded web design.
67. Content marketing generates 3 times as many leads as traditional outbound marketing, but costs 62% less – Hubspot
68. 49% of websites based on HTML5 get high page views than simple sites.
69. Use of intense colors increased web recognition to around 80%. Websites that use dark colors experienced 2% of growth, whereas light color themed sites experienced 1.3% growth.
70. Content with bullet lists engaged 70% of the users whereas 55% of customers were engaged on content, which lacks bullet listings.
Users typically make an opinion within .05 seconds after jumping on your website – Kinesis Inc.
72. Bounce rate spiked to 150% when page load time was 8 seconds, and 100%, when the page load time was 4%.- Mobile Joomla
73. 80% of marketers consider increasing overall conversion a dominating factor in priority of web optimization programs – Marketing Sherpa
74. 78% of the visitors opted for online purchase when they get an excellent customer service – Econsultancy
75. According to 72% marketers in Northern America, personal content marketing plays a vital role in the success of their website – Marketing Charts
76. 68% of the companies that developed mobile-first website experienced increment in their sales – Econsultancy
77. 80% of the visitors use multiple screens in a sequential manner – uberflip
78. 95% of the visitors agreed that good user experience is everything that really matters – Econsultancy
79. Mobile users now make up around 27% of the total web usage – Smart Insights
80. $1.1 trillion sales in 2011 were web-influenced – Forrester Research
81. Using dark colour in a website can be more beneficial as compared to light colours, as it increases traffic (2% vs 1.31%), page views (2.98% vs 2.91%), bounce rate (44.4% vs 46.2%), and average time on the site (3.18 seconds vs 3.15 seconds).- Visually
82. A study of Fortune 500 websites showed that 63% have content above the fold, 50% feature a scrolling content window of some kind, 63% use high-quality images that connect with their users, and the average loading time is 6.5 seconds – Go-Globe.com
83. 47% of website visitors check out a company’s products/services page before accessing any other sections of it – KoMarketing
84. After jumping on a company’s homepage, 64% of visitors check out the company’s contact information – KoMarketing
85. After jumping on a company’s homepage, 52% of visitors want to see “about us” information – KoMarketing
86. After getting redirected to a company’s website via a referral site, 50% of visitors use the navigation menu to orient themselves – KoMarketing
67% of shoppers showed more interest to buy from a website if it is compatible with mobile devices.
88. 4 out of 5 consumers shop on smartphones.
89. More than 80% of marketers consider increasing overall conversion a dominant priority for their website optimization programs – MarketingSherpa
90. Only 22% of marketers say they’re ahead of the curve when it comes to responsive design. 29% say they have “average” experience level, 23% say they’re behind the times, and 4% say they’re hopeless – eMarketer
91. Only 55% of companies are currently conducting an online user experience testing – Econsultancy
92. 47% of marketers indicated that their web design or product development actually changed as a result of optimization lessons – MarketingSherpa
93. 46% of mobile users report having difficulty interacting with a web page, and 44% complain that navigation was a bit difficult.
94. 47% of people expect a web page to load in two seconds or less – Econsultancy
95. 82% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content- Demand Metric
96. Judgments on website credibility are 75% based on a website’s overall aesthetics – InvisionApp
97. 39% of users abandon a website if images don’t load or take a time to load.
98. 48% more traffic is produced from websites that have 51-100 pages.
99. 82% of top 100 Alexa websites use adaptive design – mobiforge.com
100. 85% of Website Visitors expect the mobile version of the website to be faster.
101. 38% of people will leave a website if it fails to produce attractive content/layout.
These are the statistics, which have been obtained by deep research and case studies. By following these points or working according to these stats, you can enhance the consumer or user base of your website. The enhancement of your user base will undoubtedly result in the increment of revenues as well as your popularity. Hence, by this, we can also see that the design of a website plays a major role for your digital business platform, as we all must have heard a saying, “First impression is the last impression”.
Also, You can subscribe our official blog to get more useful information like this and for any kind of queries, you are most welcome to use the comment box below.
Isn’t it Great Right?? We are always looking forward to your reviews!!