Event apps have become the base of the event experience. All the event managers and conductors have remarked that using an event app has always helped them in executing the event smoothly.
With the outbreak of coronavirus, using an event app will prove to be even more beneficial for the organizers. This article details all the points that event app developers need to know to create the best event and conference apps.
Difference Between Event and Networking Apps
The event or conference apps are the smartphone apps that help in enhancing the experience of the attendees of any live event.
Most of the event apps have the same core features but have different additional features. One-to-one messaging, attendee profiles for networking research, speaker profiles, etc. are some common features that can be seen in every Event App Development Company.
A networking app is different from an event app as the main focus of the networking app is the successful networking of the event.
It does not mean that event apps are more important than networking apps. It’s just that some event apps may not include networking platforms or need a more flexible connection among the attendees,
so the organizer might require a networking app. An event app is a more holistic solution for event problems.
The creator needs to decide whether he/she wants to create a holistic event app or a networking app. If you already own a mobile event app, it is better that you also create a networking app to help the users.
Or if you want, update the existing or develop a new event app in such a way that it includes all the features of a networking app.
Difference Between Template White Label Event App and Branded Universal Event App
There are two types of event apps, Template White Label Event Apps and Branded Universal Event Apps. Template white label apps are the apps that are created from the template already available.
Such apps are created by the client according to the event to be held. Whereas the branded universal apps are common event apps that can be used for all kinds of event apps.
The client can edit and display their company data instead of creating an app of their own. You should ascertain the type of app you want to be developed event application according to your and the client’s needs.
How Using a Mobile Event App can Enhance the Event?
An event app brings all the data of the event to the smartphone of the attendee. Session schedule of the speakers, place of a session, timings, sponsors, and brands attending the event, etc.
Every info is in the hands of the attendee and he does not have to wander around wondering or asking about it.
The reports from surveys show that there has been an increase of more than 50% in mobile adoption, audience engagement, and sponsor visibility, and an 84% increase in Community Engagement. The data itself shows the rising use and importance of event apps.
Benefits of Mobile Event Apps
Some unique benefits of the mobile event apps are:
- The event apps help in identifying and connecting different attendees through their event profiles and messaging system.
- Helps in promoting the brands through color logos, images, animations, GIFs, and other visual effects.
- The event organizer can also record surveys and polls through the app for the betterment of the brand and/or the app itself and by collecting data about user experience.
- Event apps help the attendees in keeping track of the sessions during an event.
- Most of the event apps include sponsorship programs that provide the sponsors with a way to promote their brands.
Related: Top Web App Development Stats
How to Improve User Engagement with your Mobile Event App
Mobile event apps have become increasingly popular in recent years as they offer a convenient and efficient way for attendees to stay organized and engaged throughout an event. However, getting users to engage with your mobile event app can be a challenge. Here are some tips to improve user engagement with your mobile event app:
- Create a user-friendly app: Your app should be intuitive and easy to use. Make sure that the navigation is simple, and that the app’s layout is visually appealing.
- Offer a variety of features: Your mobile event app should offer a variety of features that cater to different attendees’ needs, such as session schedules, speaker information, interactive maps, social media integration, and surveys. Offering a range of features will keep attendees engaged throughout the event.
- Gamify the experience: Adding gamification elements to your app can encourage attendees to engage more actively. You could create scavenger hunts, quizzes, or contests that reward attendees for interacting with the app.
- Personalize the experience: Use the app to provide personalized recommendations, such as session recommendations based on attendees’ interests or connections to other attendees.
- Communicate regularly: Keep attendees updated with push notifications or email alerts about upcoming sessions, special events, or changes to the schedule. Make sure you communicate frequently and clearly with attendees to keep them engaged.
- Collect feedback: Use surveys to collect feedback from attendees about their experience with the app and the event as a whole. Use this feedback to improve the app and make it even more engaging for future events.
By implementing these tips, you can improve user engagement with your mobile event app and make your event more enjoyable and interactive for attendees.
Must-haves for the Event App
Your event app should be all-inclusive and dynamic, but some features should be included in the event apps, with no exceptions, such as:
- An event app is an ocean of data but saving this should be your priority. Your event app should have strong privacy and data security policy that secures and does not collect and share the personal data of the user other than required.
- The user should be aware of the data the app is collecting and the app should have an opt-in option for the user that enables the attendees to share the data they feel safe to share.
- Your app should have clear language, understandable by all.
Use the Data Collected
The data collected from the attendees of the event will not be useful if you do not know how to use it for your benefit. The data collected will enable the organizer to understand the impact of the event.
The more the data is diverse, the better will be the evaluation of the impact, of the event, created. The organizer and the app developer should analyze the data for insight into the future.
Here are the things you should keep in mind while developing a mobile event app:
- Type of event app you want.
- Create an app that enhances the event and is beneficial for the organizers and the attendees.
- Include dynamic features in your app.
- Use the data collected for the betterment of the app.
Are you planning to get your own mobile app? Then, you need to consider all the available options, such as hiring a freelancer app developer, outsourcing to a Mobile App Development Company in India, or building the app yourself. If you have an idea for any kind of event app and want to bring it into existence, share your idea with the professional developers at SAG IPL.
We can help you in developing an all-inclusive dynamic app, useful for all kinds of events. To get a free quotation for the event app development and schedule a meeting by contacting us at 0141-4072000 or [email protected] You can also Whatsapp us at +91 7023472073. We are happy to help you.