SEO (Search Engine Optimization) has evolved greatly in the past few years. SEO things that worked until a couple of years ago may no longer work for your business now, all thanks to Google’s ever-changing search algorithms and ongoing technological evolutions.
This is why it is important for SEO experts and businesses to keep themselves updated with the latest things in the world of digital marketing and what better way to do it than take a look at the latest statistics of SEO companies and services.
So, here we present the latest SEO services statistics 2022 depicting the present state of the SEO industry.
In this report, you’ll see how SAG IPL continues to provide cutting-edge SEO service solutions by keeping itself apprised of the latest industry developments.
Without further ado, let’s get started…
Key Statistics of SEO Businesses & Services
More often than not, people wonder how much they should spend on SEO services. To clarify your doubts, we have to check SEO services statistics and stats of the average SEO spendings of businesses of different kinds.
1. On average, small businesses & startups spend ~$500 per month on SEO related services.
2. You may also be surprised to know that the satisfaction rate greatly depends on the amount clients spend on SEO.
For instance, companies that spent $500/month or more on SEO are much more likely to be satisfied than those that spend a lesser amount.
3. While most of the small businesses spend not more than a few hundred dollars per on SEO, there are only a few that go beyond $10k/year spending limit.
4. SEO agencies are likely to get paid almost twice more than freelancers.
5. On average, companies spend more than half of their marketing budget online.
How clients find (& choose) SEO providers
6. Google searches, client reviews and referrals (word of mouth) are three of the most common ways for small businesses to find new SEO providers.
7. Only about 8% of clients seem to find their SEO providers via online ads.
8. More than 70% of businesses consider the SEO agency’s reputation crucial factor for choosing them, besides the Google ranking and monthly cost of the agency.
9. More than 75% of small business owners consider the location of SEO company an important factor for choosing them. A multinational SEO company is, therefore, more likely to get clients.
SEO client satisfaction & expectations
10. The overall SEO client satisfaction rate is relatively poor, with only 30% of clients willing to recommend their existing SEO agencies to a colleague.
The satisfaction rate is higher among the clients of marketing agencies as compared to freelancers.
11. More than 80% of small businesses expect their SEO providers to show immediate results in terms of an increased customer base. Almost an equal number of clients want to see an increase in their website traffic.
Other than that, an increase in brand awareness and help build credibility are other common expectations of SEO clients.
12. 65% of clients have reportedly worked with multiple SEO providers.
13. More than 50% of clients believe that they do not have the proper knowledge or resources to fully benefit from SEO.
14. On average, clients stay with an SEO provider for 2+ years before switching.
Google happens to be the biggest and most popular Search Engine out there. Here are some interesting facts about Google and Search Engines in general.
15. More than 80% of all desktop search traffic comes from Google.
16. On average, 63,000 searches per second are performed on Google.
17. Over 90% of people use a search engine before visiting a website online.
18. Google tends to receive more queries from mobile devices than desktop computers.
19. 50% of the search engine queries are longer than three words. It reveals the importance of targeting long-tail keywords.
20. Not more than 30% of the search engine users pay any attention to paid ads.
Effectiveness (results) of SEO
21. 82% of businesses believe that SEO is getting more effective with each day while half of them state that SEO is very effective for their businesses.
22. Over 60% of marketers believe that growing the organic presence/ranking should be a top priority of any inbound marketing strategy.
23. Link building and content quality are two of the most common factors to affect the search engine rankings of a website.
24. Nearly 40% of global e-commerce traffic generates from search results.
25. More than 80% of clients leave their existing SEO providers due to lack of results and high recurring cost.
Local search SEO statistics
26. Google Local searches with phrases like “near me” have nearly doubled in the past year or so.
27. Customers who perform a local search in Google are more likely to visit a local store.
28. More than 30% of the searches performed on mobile devices are location-related.
29. 1 in 3 consumers makes a smartphone search right before visiting a local store.
30. Over 40% of consumers check the price or details of a product online while shopping in the store.
31. Nearly 25% of local searches trigger Google’s answer box.
Future Search Trends & Statistics
32. As per reports, nearly 50% of all online searches will be voice-based by 2022. As of now, more than one billion voice searches are made in a month.
33. By 2019, more than 60% of all online traffic was coming from mobile devices. This is expected to increase more in the coming years.
34. Google has made it compulsory for websites to become ‘mobile-friendly’ in order to continue to rank higher.
35. Google’s RankBrain algo (that analyses user intent behind a query to show relevant results) will soon be ready to process 100% of search queries.
Facts about Google Ranking
36. Current figures show that 41% of adults use voice search at least once per day. Studies show that in 2020, more than half of all smartphone users will engage with voice technology on their devices.
37. In 2017, 13% of all households in the United States had a smart speaker. This number is projected to increase to 55% by 2022.
37. Brands that rank well in search results are likely to experience up to 30% improvement in their brand reputation.
38. The page speed of a site ranking at the top is usually 17% more than that of a site ranking at position 10. That’s how much page speed matters for ranking.
39. Informative content of 1000 words or longer usually ranks higher in search results.
40. Banklink profile of a top-ranking site is nearly 6 times stronger than that of a site ranking at 10.
41. High CTR (Click through rate) reportedly leads to higher search rankings.
42. 50% of all searches end in no click.
43. 93% of all online experiences of users worldwide starts with a search engine.
44. The average page appearing on top search results of search engines have more than 35,000 external backlinks, according to Backlinko research.
45. An effective content marketing strategy can increase the traffic of a site by 2000%
46. Creating and promoting quality content is the most effective SEO tactic.
I hope these SEO statistics enlighten your SEO knowledge and help you become more aware as a client. Mind these facts while choosing an SEO service provider.
Let us know which SEO services statistics & facts you liked the most in the comment section below.