If you are looking for OLA, Meru, Lyft, Hailo, Easy Taxi, Uber-like app development. SAG IPL is the best taxi app development company in India, created 100 of the On-demand taxi booking app for national and international clients.
Online taxi service is one of the most useful and appreciable ideas, which have made everyday commuting easier. The service has become so much famous the many people are also willing to provide this service and are asking IT companies to develop a responsive and attractive taxi application.
Keeping the high demand for Taxi App solution in mind, we at SAG IPL have decided to elaborate further and cover all details on our blog. like..
What are the benefits of Taxi booking app development?
How much does it cost to develop a taxi application?
How do I build a real-time location app like Uber?
How to find a Taxi booking app development company?
Where find experienced taxi app developer?
Where find taxi app development services?
Some of the customers want to develop another clone Uber app, whereas some want to upgrade features and technology in their current application.
In both scenarios, we at SAG IPL helps to study business competitors, define a business model, provide On demand taxi app find a market niche or essential features and provide the entire development process from beginning to end.
Our company is blessed with a skilled team of taxi app developers for these issues, who already have implemented an array of projects and are completely ready to share their experiences and answer generic questions.
Taxi Application Development
Basically, a Taxi/cab Application for Mobile is a set of 3 applications, which includes two separate apps for passenger and driver and an admin dashboard.
Let us know some more about these applications:
As its name suggests, Passenger application is the application, which will be available at app stores and will be used by the user to book a taxi.
Let us see the features of Taxi booking application will offer:
- Register: This feature will allow the user to directly register in the application by using his/her existing social media account, or he/she can create a new one.
- Taxi Booking: User can hail a taxi or can book it for later by using this feature. Your app can include both of the options or can have only one of them, just as you need.
- Payment: This feature will allow the user to make the payment directly from the application.
- Push Notifications: This feature shows all the details and information of the tour after accepting the ride by the driver. It notifies the user with all the details and information such as model, passenger count, color and number of the car and average time of arrival (ETA).
- Ride History: This feature shows a complete history of your previous trips.
- Fare Calculator: This feature helps in calculating the total fair of the voyage.
- Driver’s Review and Rating: This section of the application showcases the customer’s comments and ratings about the driver, his car, and trip safety.
- Pickup Location: This is the section, in which user can point his/her exact location without typing the address by using GPS.
- Split Payments: This allows users to split their payments.
- Vehicle Selection: This section provides you with an option to choose another driver for the trip.
- Interactive Map and Taxi Tracking: This feature shows all the available taxis nearby and this also tracks the taxi during the journey.
- Inbuilt Messenger: This helps in the communication between the driver and the user directly from the application.
- Gamification: This allows to boost the customer acquisition and retention with special offers, badges, leadership boards etc.
- Discount: This provides discount offers for any trip by adding a specific code or digital coupon.
- Voice Recognition: This feature enables voice commands for taxi hailing.
This application also features some function same as the passenger application such as registration and personal profile editing ( along with an additional option of documents and driver’s license uploading), messenger and push notifications etc.
Moreover, this app also includes some unique features let us have a look at them:
- Status: This shows the availability of a taxi. This tells users if the driver is ready to pick up the ride or not.
- Order Alert: This notifies about a new trip and also shows payment and road details, moreover, it also allows getting and canceling orders.
- Navigation: As its name suggests, this shows the best route for the trip to the passengers.
- Estimation: This part of the application ensures the cost of the trip along with discounts.
- Reports: This section shows the statistics regarding the trips and earnings of the driver.
The admin panel of your application is basically a web-based software, which helps in storing database and in managing passenger’s and driver’s activities.
The dashboard also performs multiple tasks such as it gives a general overview of all processes, provides the logistic of drivers and trips, and manages all the financial issues.
It can also be linked up to the Google Analytics tool, which is essential for monitoring the marketing activity and can also be proved as the starting point for the revision of entire business process.
There is one more thing you should keep in your mind before planning or hiring any Taxi Booking Application development company. As per the legislation in some countries, admin dashboard is strictly required even if it seems to be unnecessary in your project.
How to Build a Mobile Taxi Application
As an experienced taxi app development company, for the satisfactory application performance, we strictly recommend the user to go with the native application development.
In which, we will develop a custom application for every operating system, that will allow us to complete the project with better speed, security, and access to some important inbuilt features of the handset such as maps and geolocation.
We initiate the development process by developing a minimum viable product, which includes the application for both demand and supply and the dashboard, but with limited features and functionalities.
For example, the first application of Ola or Uber didn’t include and gamification or cost split feature. But from the very first starting, it helped in connecting drivers and passengers and allowed them to make payments directly from the application.
On demand Taxi App Development Cost
The cost of developing a taxi application depends on many factors along with some key features, which are to be implemented. However, there are some parameters and required time for each scope of work, which can be considered and an estimated amount of the project can be calculated.
Maps and Location
GPS tracking is an awesome facility to determine the current location, find cars, and track the route. Apart from it, the exact journey tracking also helps in providing the fair estimation.
Google Maps are the best option for your taxi application either you’re looking forward to pin your location on the map, track the car movement or to ensure the driver with GPS direction. Lastly, we also use Android framework location APIs and iOS framework MapKit for Apple applications.
Inbuilt payment option in the application allows the user to make payments directly from the application, multiple times and takes your application to a brand new level of usability. Currently used technologies allow transactions between all of the stakeholders and also offer the security of such deals.
Your company also needs to satisfy all the requirements called for PCI compliance to store and process all credit card data. If not, you can also use some of the payment gateway providers such as Stripe or Braintree, which can help you in offering safe and convenient payments.
Notably, Braintree uses PayPal, which allows splitting the fare between passengers. Other payment gateway providers in the market are Google Wallet and Apple Pay mechanisms, but they are currently only available in the United States.
Login and Profiles
There are many reasons for which authorization is required, which includes for online payments and for making the option of rating and reviews more personalized.
This is how it improves customer loyalty and their retention. The most convenient way to sign up is via any existing social networks like Facebook or via email and phone number. Signing up or authentication process is required once during the first log into the application.
While developing the first MVP, push notification plays a vital role in setting up the connection between demand and supply. For iOS devices, it is provided via Apple Push Notification Service, whereas, in Android, it is done by Android Analog (Google Cloud Messaging Service).
In the next step of project development, we implement the facility of SMS notifications. Leading Taxi application Uber uses works with Twilio telecommunication service provider to provide SMS facility. There are some options also available in the market like Sinch, Plivo, and Nexmo.
There is another option available to build in a messenger by which the driver could chat with the passenger in the taxi app itself. But this process will take a lot of developer’s time, so, we suggest that you should implement this feature after the project is launched and assembled the core of loyal users.
To initiate the working on the application or to hire any developers, you need to clarify some points first:
- Planning for the business model and market demand for your new application.
- A total number of stakeholders.
- A total number of application platforms and desired features.
Being a leading Taxi Application Development company, we at SAG IPL recommend you not to chase the features and sophisticated technological solutions. Just like you, our team also aims to create a solution, which will fit your requirements and achieve your desired goals. This is the reason, we first develop MVP models first, which can save up to 30 percent of your cost and time.